Where to next?
Picking an itinerary is a fun challenge. In previous travels, we have planned every day and destination and made multiple lists of attractions and activities. We are traveling for a while now – at least a year or two – so it’s a little overkill for all that jazz. Instead, we are trying to keep loose and allow happenstance to occur. However, we do have a rough itinerary based on the time of year and some short-list destinations that we have. Last time I did this exercise the itinerary totally changed (doh!) but I am hoping that by putting it out there then maybe there will be some friends or family along the way that will see it and know that we are in the area to hangout!
By the way, we use Google maps engine to map out all the sights we want to hit. It’s a great way to visualize things! Here is the link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/
Here’s our travel thoughts – please give us a shout if you will be in the area or if you have suggestions on the route (particularly the items in BOLD after mid-June which aren’t planned yet).
- April 16 – 21 Knoxville and Nashville
- April 21 – May 2 New Orleans for Jazz Festival
- May 3 – 10 Sarasota for Nicole and Jose wedding!
- May 11 – 14 Knoxville and Nashville
- May 15 – 21 Barcelona, Spain
- May 21 – 26 Madrid, Spain
- May 26 – June 2 Belgium
- June 2 – 8 Amsterdam
- June 8 – 15 Berlin & Dusseldorf, Germany
- June 15 – July 16 Making way from Nashville to Montreal – stops on short list would be Washington, DC?, Burlington, VT?, somewhere to hike?, Saint John and Halifax, NB?
- July 15 – August 16 Montreal, CA
- End of August – Michigan (Traverse City, Grand Rapids?)
- September – Cleveland, Nashville
- Oct (to Christmas/New Years) – Desert SW via Colorado?
- 2017 – Winter/Spring in southern CA, Summer in Pacific NW + Alaska, Fall in New England or Rockies. If we have a chance to go overseas we would probably hit Argentina, or Japan or Europe depending on the time of year..
We are finishing up a month in NYC right now – should have some photos soon!